JLeighBralick

Brandon Sanderson
Fortune's Pawn
Rachel Bach

The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater I have to say that I loved The Scorpio Races more, but this was still a delightful read.

The ending left me a little dissatisfied, if only because I didn't realize until the very end that the climax was actually the story's climax. I kept waiting for the conflict to get bigger, but then it ended. Also, it seemed to happen very quickly with almost zero denouement and a lot left unexplained....not "to be explained in the next book" sorts of things but things that had me thinking I skipped a chapter. Like Adam, at the very end. I thought something totally creepifying had happened, but then it seems like nothing's changed? I was all thinking something like, "Omg, his body has been taken over by the spirit of the forest and he speaks as their voice and and and....wait, he just moved out into a new apartment? What'd I miss??" :-k But I'll definitely read book 2. Especially because of Ronan. ^_^

And Maggie...I love observing how she writes. Gives me a lot to think about. =)

(One last note? She should have sent her Latin to a Latinist. I was correcting it as I read. =P)